Carol is an associate at the firm and holds a Master of Laws Degree from the University of Nairobi. Carol is part of the team in the firm that handles real estate matters, conveyancing, banking and finance matters. She has gained experience in security documentation and lending, perfection of securities and real estate transactions. She is also involved in civil and commercial litigation. .
Carol also has experience in conducting legal, compliance and governance audits and is part of the team that has conducted audits on blue chip companies, leading corporates, parastatals and other government entities among other clients.
Areas of Practice:
Conveyancing and Securities, Litigation- Civil, Commercial and Criminal, Constitutional Law, Judicial Review, Legal Compliance and Governance Audits, Election Petition and Mediation and Arbitration.
Education and professional qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B), Catholic University of Eastern Africa, 2014
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law, Jan 2015-Sept 2016
- Master of Laws (LL.M), University of Nairobi, Sept 2015-Dec 2016
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, 2017
Membership in professional associations:
- Law Society of Kenya
- Judicial attachment: Milimani Commercial Courts, Aug 2013 – Dec 2013
- Intern: Irura Nguchuga & Company Advocates, Oct 2014 – Jan 2015
- Pupilage: Irura Nguchuga & Company Advocates, Jan 2016 – Dec 2016
- Associate: Omariba & Company Advocates, Jan 2017- Jun 2017
- Associate: Munyao, Muthama & Kashindi Advocates, July 2017 to date
- Creation and registration of securities on behalf various banks, SACCOs and government agencies while strictly observing the turn-around time of the conveyance and securities transactions.
- Was actively involved in Parliamentary Election Petition of 2017. We successfully defended the Independent and Boundaries Commission in the suit which was dismissed and the Independent and Boundaries Commission was awarded costs.
- Played a vital role in a case in which the firm represented a leading Italian company headquartered in Rome Italy running a space research project in Malindi to successfully challenge enforcement action by KRA of freezing the company’s bank accounts. The monetary exposure was over KShs 160 million.
- Represented a charitable organisation in a highly contentions matter which resulted in amicable settlement of the matter.
- Involved in offering legal advice to a number of non-profit and religious organisations on various legal issues touching on regulation and compliance, labour and employee relations amonst others. .
- Carol is part of the team that has successfully conducted legal, compliance and regulatory audits of a number of blue chip companies, leading corporates, parastatals and other government entities who include Safaricom, Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen), Technical University of Mombasa and Institute of Certified Public Accountants.