Evan Thiaka is an Associate in the firm. He has considerable experience in Litigation and Dispute Resolution matters and has been involved in some highly contentions litigation involving leading banks. He is also involved in a large number of the firm’s corporate commercial matters.
Membership in professional associations
- Law Society of Kenya
- East African Law Society
- Mombasa Law Society
Educational and professional qualifications
- Admitted, Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, 2012
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, Kenya School of Law (2012)
- LLB, Kampala International University in Uganda (2007)
Membership in professional associations:
- Law Society of Kenya.
- East African Law Society.
- Mombasa Law Society.
- Associate: Munyao Muthama & Kashindi- 2014 to date.
- Associate: H.N. Njiru & Co. Advocates in Mombasa (2012 to 2014).
- Advising corporate entities of legal requirements relating to permits, approvals, licensing, reporting requirements, regulatory requirement and supervision across a range of sectors such as capital markets, energy and natural resources, competition.
- Evan actively engages in the incorporation of various companies and advises various clients on corporate governance, filing returns, employee relations and Legal Compliance.
- Giving advice on key legal issues touching on commercial transactions cutting across several industries including insurance, banking and finance, NGOs, manufacturing companies, FMCGs companies among others.
- Represented a client in a highly contentious land dispute and obtained an injunction to restrain the interference with the land.